Save The Date!
May 7, 2017 @ 5pm
Santa Barbara, California
Dear Friends and Family,
This is it! Mark your calendars for our wedding date for May 7, 2017 in Santa Barbara, very close to where we got engaged. The ceremony will be in the gorgeous gardens of the Santa Barbara Courthouse. After the ceremony, we hope you will join us at a reception a few blocks down the street in the Mediterranean Courtyard of the Wine Cask. Later, we are moving the party back to our hotel – the Goodland – for food, drinks, music, swimming and fun. Read on for details!
Santa Barbara County Courthouse – Fiesta Stage
1100 Anacapa Street
The Cocktail Reception
Wine Cask Mediterranean Courtyard
813 Anacapa Street
Where to Stay
The Goodland Hotel (It’s where we’re staying!)
5650 Calle Real, Goleta, CA 93117
Best Western Plus South Coast Inn (right next door to The Goodland)
5620 Calle Real, Goleta, CA 93117
see below for what you need to know about hotel accommodations!
Things to Do in Santa Barbara when you’re not at a wedding
- Stroll State Street
- Wine tasting on the Urban Wine Trail and art walks in the Funk Zone
- Go to the beach
- Rent bikes along the beach
- Go to the Mission
- Visit UCSB (David’s alma mater)
- Discover the Land Shark
Things to consider when planning your stay
- It is Cinco de Mayo weekend and will be very busy in Santa Barbara. Please book your rooms as soon as possible. In fact, hotels are already making reservations for that weekend.
- Our reception at the Wine Cask will be “reception” style with tray-passed hors-d’oeuvres, beer and wine. The menu will be fairly substantial however will not be a sit down meal.
- We’re staying in Goleta, just a short Uber ride from Santa Barbara. But there are plenty of hotels in Santa Barbara and near the Courthouse if you prefer.
- If you are staying in Goleta, consider using a service like Uber or Lyft to get to the ceremony and reception, and back again.
Hotel accommodations – what you need to know
- Many hotels require a two-night minimum if staying Friday or Saturday night, so we’re hoping a Sunday wedding will help with that.
- The Goodland is offering a special booking code for us, which includes a 5-25% discount from their Best Available Rates, depending on availability. These rooms are not guaranteed until you book them. Check out the Goodland’s website for pricing, then select “Book Now”. Once you are on this page, select the desired dates, etc., located on the left-hand side. Underneath, there will be a field titled “Rate Code”, here you will enter “GSOC” and then select “Check Availability”. This will direct you to the discounted rates.
- The Best Western Plus South Coast Inn is next door to the Goodland. A block of rooms at this hotel is available under “Avery/Kissinger Wedding”. Rates are quoted for this block at $160 for Friday and Saturday, and $143 for Sunday, plus taxes. A two-night minimum stay is not required. Availability is not guaranteed until you book.
- Both the Goodland and the Best Western are kid-friendly and accessible with ample parking. Both have pools; the Best Western has a jacuzzi.
- Trader Joe’s is a five-minute walk away, just in case.
- There are plenty of other hotels available in Santa Barbara, Goleta and Carpinteria. However, they are also likely to sell out as the date gets closer.
Thank you for sharing this day with us!